Last updated 08/31/2016
- On this Website; and
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party including our affiliates and subsidiaries, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
What types of information do we collect?
In general, we collect the information that you provide to us when you provide us with information and comments through the Website and when you send us email. In addition, when you visit this Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to passively collect other kinds of information (non-personal information) through this Website, including the location from which you visit us, the kind of browser you use, the date and time you visit the Website, and the amount of time you spent viewing the Website. Generally, we gather this information for the purpose of analyzing aggregated trends and statistics, but we also gather it for the reasons described herein. To gather such information, our web server may automatically use technologies such as the following:
Log Files. Internet protocol ("IP") addresses are used to analyze trends, administer the Website, track users’ movements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
If you want to send us a request for information, such as a request to have a client appear at your corporate function or for information on our marketing services, what should you submit?
In order to accommodate your information request, we ask you to submit your name, company affiliation (if any), telephone number and e-mail address. At your option, you may also provide us with the best time at which to contact you and other relevant comments.
How will we use the information that you send us?
To whom do we disclose your information?
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
Subject to applicable law, we and our Service Providers (as defined below) disclose and share your personal information:
- Among CHI, its business associates and advertisers;
- To unaffiliated third parties that are under contract to perform services for or on behalf of CHI (“Service Providers”), and are required to uphold and maintain policies with respect to privacy and the treatment of your personally identifiable information (e.g., vendors hosting this Website);
- To a third party in connection with a proposed or actual sale, merger, or transfer of all or a portion of a business or division;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provided it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- If we believe disclosures is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, safety of CHI, our customers or others; and
- To other persons as permitted or required by applicable law or regulation.
Links and third-party websites
How may you opt out or request changes?
You may request that CHI:
- provide you with a copy of your personal information that it holds;
- cease processing your personal information for the purposes of direct marketing;
- correct any errors in that information; and
- update that information as required.
If you would like to receive a copy of the personal information we have about you as submitted to us via this Website, please send a request to email@example.com or write to us at General Counsel, Cooper Holdings, Inc., 150 Interstate North Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30339. If this information is incorrect or incomplete, please let us know, and we will make every reasonable effort to correct or update it promptly (unless we require further information from you in order to fulfill your request). You may also ask us to remove your name and other personal information from our databases. In each of the foregoing cases, we will make all reasonable efforts to honor your request promptly, subject to legal and other permissible considerations.
How do we protect your information and where is it stored?
We have taken reasonable steps to protect the information you submit on this Website from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access and disclosure. Although we have taken reasonable security precautions, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. Therefore, before you transmit information through this Website, please remember that no computer system or electronic data transmission is completely secure. If you have any questions about the security of this Website, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at General Counsel, Cooper Holdings, Inc., 150 Interstate North Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30339. We assume no liability for any disclosure of data due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third party access or other acts of third parties, or acts or omissions beyond our reasonable control. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on this Website.
CHI does not want to collect personal information from minors (children under 13 years of age, or any other age defined under applicable law (each, a “Minor”). We do not knowingly collect personal information from Minors. If you are a Minor, do not provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we become aware that a Minor is attempting to or has submitted personal information via this Website without verification of parental consent, we will (i) notify the user that we may not accept his or her personal information and (ii) we shall then expunge any such personal information from our records. If you believe we might have any information from or about a Minor, please contact us at email@example.com.
Questions regarding this policy